How Many Days Until Mother’s Day 2018? (Countdown)
How Many Days Left to Mother’s Day 2018?
Mother’s Day (US, Australia, Canada): May 13, 2018, Sunday
Mother’s Day 2018 (UK): March 11, 2018, Sunday
When Is Mother’s Day 2018?
When is Mother’s Day in US?
The Mother’s Day is celebrated on second Sunday of May in many of the countries. Only UK celebrate this day on another date from the countries which we have included countdown above. Mother’s Day celebrated on 4th Sunday of Lent in the UK and this is why it is different than other countries. Countdowns for countries included above.
What Is Mother’s Day? What Is the Importance and Meaning of Mother’s Day?
Mother’s Day corresponds to second Sunday of May and dedicated to our most sacred beings which are our mothers.
The mother word is one of the holiest words of the heart and lips of mankind. They can recognize us through our voice, understand what we want to say by looking our eyes, see us in the darkness, can make us relive no matter what happens, can find us through our smell in the field of most beautiful flowers among hundreds of different children. Their mature sensitivity, high perception ability make them the world’s most sacred being. We’ve mentioned Mother’s day in this article. The other important thing for us is our fathers. You can follow the countdown that How many days until father’s day in this article.
How Is Mother’s Day Invented?
It is based on Romans and Greeks. However, there are no official celebration or source from these days.
- In the 1600s, Mother’s Day first step taken under the name of Mother’s Sunday.
- In 1872, Julia Ward Howe presented the first Mother’s Day celebration request. However, the request didn’t accept.
- In 1907, Anna Jarvis started a campaign to celebrate the Mother’s Day on the second Sunday of May which her grandmother died in 1866.
- In 1908, Anna Jarvis’ campaign worked and Mother’s Day celebrated in Philadelphia. Although Anna Jarvis did her best to not make this day a commercial day, she couldn’t prevent it. The answer of how is the Mother’s Day is the efforts of Anna Jarvis.
- In 1911, Mother’s Day attracted the world’s attention and many countries began to celebrate it.
- In 1914, United States of America officially declared the second Sunday of May as Mother’s Day.