How Many Days Until Mother’s Day 2018? (Countdown)
How Many Days Left to Motherâ€™s Day 2018?
Motherâ€™s Day (US, Australia, Canada): May 14, 2017, Sunday
Motherâ€™s Day (UK): March 26, 2017, Sunday
When Is Motherâ€™s Day 2018?
The Motherâ€™s Day is celebrated on second Sunday of May in many of the countries. Only UK celebrate this day on another date from the countries which we have included countdown above. Motherâ€™s Day celebrated on 4th Sunday of Lent in the UK and this is why it is different than other countries. Countdowns for countries included above.
What Is Motherâ€™s Day? What Is the Importance and Meaning of Motherâ€™s Day?
Motherâ€™s Day corresponds to second Sunday of May and dedicated to our most sacred beings which are our mothers.
The mother word is one of the holiest words of the heart and lips of mankind. They can recognize us through our voice, understand what we want to say by looking our eyes, see us in the darkness, can make us relive no matter what happens, can find us through our smell in the field of most beautiful flowers among hundreds of different children. Their mature sensitivity, high perception ability make them the worldâ€™s most sacred being.Â Weâ€™ve mentioned Motherâ€™s day in this article. The other important thing for us is our fathers. You can follow the countdown that How many days until fatherâ€™s dayÂ in this article.
How Is Motherâ€™s Day Invented?
It is based on Romans and Greeks. However, there are no official celebration or source from these days.
- In the 1600s, Motherâ€™s Day first step taken under the name of Motherâ€™s Sunday.
- In 1872, Julia Ward Howe presented the first Motherâ€™s Day celebration request. However, the request didnâ€™t accept.
- In 1907, Anna Jarvis started a campaign to celebrate the Motherâ€™s Day on the second Sunday of May which her grandmother died in 1866.
- In 1908, Anna Jarvisâ€™ campaign worked and Motherâ€™s Day celebrated in Philadelphia. Although Anna Jarvis did her best to not make this day a commercial day, she couldnâ€™t prevent it. The answer of how is the Motherâ€™s Day is the efforts of Anna Jarvis.
- In 1911, Motherâ€™s Day attracted the worldâ€™s attention and many countries began to celebrate it.
- In 1914, United States of America officially declared the second Sunday of May as Motherâ€™s Day.